Saturday, March 25, 2017

No Nonsense Review: Beyond the Beyond PS1

What can I say about Beyond the Beyond, other than it's more than likely the most overlooked RPG that ever appeared on the PS1. First thing it's very unique, I swear there has been nothing like this made before or since. I can't really say if that is a good thing or in fact bad. As Beyond the Beyond is a game of extremes. Silly plot, interesting subplots, beautiful bosses, and some of the hardest puzzles you will ever find any RPG. When I last played it, one puzzle took me literally a month to figure out. It was one of those scrambled photo puzzles, which are normally easy for me. But this one also has to be done in a certain pattern or the puzzle can not be completed.

I would go as far as to say this game is worth a download, as it is worth a single play through. I can't say if anyone is going to like it, and this comes from a guy who only played his copy only once.