Friday, June 15, 2018

No Nonsense Review: Discworld Noir PSP

Over the years I have played and very much enjoyed Discworld 1 and 2. I love the smooth control, the humor, and the downright craziness of the games. Frankly, I was excited when I found out that there was a 3rd Discworld game. Once I found the ISO I burned a copy and tried to play it on my modded PS1. I forgot to mention one thing the game is PAL, meaning it was released for European consoles. You know what happens when you place a PAL disc in a modded PS1? The disc actually spins backward, not having to much luck with PS1 emulators so I waited. Then I found this program that converts PS1 ISOs so they run on a modded PSP. Since the PSP is region free I thought I give it a try.

What I found was a game with HORRIBLE controls, pathic humor, and a system where not only you have to pick up items but get clues to give clues. My first attempt at playing it left me stuck, I didn't get a clue from someone, and could not use that same clue on another. I had no idea how I missed it. Frankly, I got stuck, even worse than when I got stuck playing Harvey Birdman. Right now I am wondering should I give the game a second chance. But believe me, this game should be avoided at all costs.

My score

minus 3