Tuesday, May 31, 2016

No Nonsense Review: Hot Shot Golf Open Tee & 2 PSP






When a lot of us think GOLF Game we think boring. Admit it, you know I am telling the truth. Or ones labeled Tiger Woods (which I will review soon) with such an overcomplicated control scheme that makes the game almost unplayable.

But not Hot Shot Golf Open Tee & it's sequel 2.  Once you use the name cheat 5TNEPO , which I recommend if you want everything from the start. You can literally make your character look like anything you want. You get even more options in 2, where you get access to 2 animal heads, and can make them look my furries if you want.

The courses are a challenge and are worth repeated play, and naturally, you also get mirror courses. That ups the challenge. To be honest, here I have own this game for a couple of years and found it has a very high replay value. I wish I could say the same about the PS1 version (but more on that later).

Hang all the complicated stuff, like choosing the right club, the wind, and whole blah blah. I just use whatever club the game gives me and hit the bloody ball. Controls are super simple, you hit the 'X' button to swing the club, and the Square button to use one of the limited numbers of power swings you have available. I found the real problem sometimes is getting your ball to land on the green. But it really doesn't affect gameplay. Also on some course in both games. It isn't always the straightest line to the Tee, is always the best way to get your ball in the hole. You really have to thank some of these courses out. A few I really didn't sink the ball until I had the game for over a year.

To be honest both games really aren't that expensive. They can be had for less than $6 for 2 and as little as $3 for the first. You want a challenging game with no bosses really I mean it, give it a try.