Tuesday, May 3, 2016

No Nonsense Review: Ridge Racer Type 4 PS1

If your expecting a good review, you will be disappointed. I am one of the few who absolutely hated R4.

Don't get me wrong, graphically the game pushes the PS1 to it's limits, and the control is fantastic. But what got me it was a drift racer...and I hate drift racing.

My point is every Ridge Racer game up to then, wasn't a drift racer. Except for Rage Racer PS1 which is was an option. I only found out when I bought R4 that is was a drift racer. I maybe guilty of looking for it's faults...but they are there. Take the bonus cars you can earn in the game. The only place you can use them is in Time Trail mode, In all the other Ridge Racer games, you can actually race with them.

Then the car system itself, I don't think there is anyone who has it totally figured it out, as I seen more guides to it and pretty much all of them has a different explanation of how it is suppose to work.

Check out gamefaqs and see I am right.

In short Ridge Racer Type 4 is only for fans of drift racing.