Saturday, October 8, 2016

No Nonsense Review: Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep PSP



I know Kingdom Hearts has a lot of fans, some are more HARDCORE than Final Fantasy players. But  Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep PSP is literally one of the most disappointing RPGs I ever played. Don't get me wrong it really isn't isn't a bad game...just boring in spots.

I fully admit I never completed the game, frankly, I had little interest in doing so. Because I saw the same thing over and over again, and that is you're about to fight or even have beaten an enemy it looks like something is going to happen....and it doesn't. Just a new area opens up, but only after you leave.

Look I don't see the point of opening a new area, where nothing happens. Yes, I was using a walkthrough, turns out I had to as I was landing on the wrong planet.

The opening of the game is fantastic working your way up to the training center, fighting enemies. Then you pick a character and then it turns crappy. I thought Crisis Core was linear, Birth By Sleep pounds that into your head with every step.

So Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep is the kind of game you play if you have trouble sleeping. I guarantee you will fall asleep if you play it.