Friday, June 17, 2016

No Nonsense Review: Pac Man 20th Ann PS1

The odd thing is after a few years I decided to play Pac Man 20th PS1 again. I almost even forgot why I had this game. It's really a fun platformer/treasure hunt kind of game. Platformer because that what it is. Now treasure hunt will take some explaining, in this game there is fruit hidden, okay really items you'll see if you ever played the original Pac Man, such as bananas, apples and etc. These are actually keys that opens doors, to either say a switch, a maze, or a bonus letter. In this case spell out PacMan you get a chance to play the bonus round for more points and extra lives. Which you will need in 2 levels, believe me these 2 levels are the hardest levels in the entire game, the hardest being Spin Dizzy, where you have to jump to moving platform to moving platform. No joke, the last time I played it, I swear it took 43 lives just to get through the level. But really the rest of the game is easy. There is a plot about this robot sorta pacman monster taking over Pacland. It really doesn't matter, he is a fairly easy boss to beat. I really recommend picking this one up, it can be found practically everywhere.

On the other hand I just managed to find Pac World 2 GBA, I bought it more as a curiosity. 2 words Total Crapfest. It has to be the worst GBA game I ever played.