Wednesday, May 29, 2019

No Nonsense Review: Hakuoki Demon of the Fleeting Blossom PSP


This is not a game more a Visual Novel, which I quickly found out. As for the story, I thought it quite good the story focuses on Chizuru Yukimura (default name) a young woman who comes to Kyoto to find her missing father, and to her horror, the man she was to stay with a family friend is also missing. She quickly meets up with a young man who is connected with Shinsengumi (A group of Ronin dedicated to public safety). 

Later we learn of demons in human form, an evil scientist working for both sides of the upcoming Japanese Civil War, and zombie-like killing machines called "Furies". 

As to the story I really thought it quite well done, I am unsure for how many hours I played this but I stuck with it to my end. Where I learned the hard way that your actions will not only determine if you fall in love, or killed which my character was. Yes, I got the bad ending and a shortened game. It's supposed to run 9 chapters, mine ended in 8 and it was recently that I heard about a guide to the best ending. 

But you really don't need a walkthrough for this Visual Novel, just go ahead and play it. That is what I did and I know I will be playing this again. This time for love and a better ending. 

Overall score 9/ 10