Saturday, February 23, 2019

PS1 & 2 Game Saves to PS3 & PSP

Ever want to just do something simple and it turns out even more complicated than you ever expected. That is exactly what I wanted to do is transfer some of my old PS1 Game Saves to my PSP. Which now thanks to the fact that the PS3 Memory Card Adaptor going for around $100 on eBay, not so very simple. To why this once $15 item has jumped so much in value is beyond me. If I could even borrow one for a week or two I would. But I am sorry to say I don't know anyone who even owns one. So how do you transfer saves without such a device?

It is very complicated, and really I am not joking. It starts out with you modding a PS2, so why do you have to do this? In order to activate the PS2 USB slots, which are unavailable otherwise. It seems this modding allows for more options with your Game Saves. If you have a FAT PS2 meaning one that will support a Hard Drive you can move your saves anywhere you want even to a USB Stick and then later to a PS3. I am sure you can also do this with the slim model PS2.

Have your favorite headache tablets on standby for this next paragraph.

Things get complicated again if you moving PS1 saves from a PS3 to a Modded PSP. The reason, why not all game saves, are the same. If you have a PS1 game from PSN installed on your PSP zero issues with these saves. But depending on the CFW and where you got those downloaded PS1 games. Those games may not be able to read official game saves, and you really won't be able to check this out until you actually do this. Really I wish I was joking.

One last thing you may have noticed I said in my title for this piece PS2 Game Saves. The exact same issue as the PSP except early model PS3s can play PS2 games, as well as modded ones. But the PS3 later model still running OFW can't. So if your PS3 can actually play PS2 games depending on both the model and if it's running CFW you may or may not be able to use your previous PS2 saves. Once again for the same reason I mentioned eariler.